Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cakes

When I was pregnant with my first my mother in law bought me some cake decorating stuff to keep my mind busy.  From that moment on I was hooked.  I started baking first from a box and then moving onto recipes from scratch.  I found that I might have found my niche.  I had tried every craft possible, just to find that I wanted to be "crafty" but that hardly ever ended in a beautiful product.  However baking worked for me, and decorating turned into a real piece of artwork.  My favorite cupcake was  chocolate cupcake with a Hershey's kiss sitting inside.  They were amazing.  Once I had my feet under me I learned about fondant, but everything I read said the taste wasn't great.  However in my search I found something called Marshmallow Fondant!!  This was a life saver, not only did it taste great but it was super easy to make!  I started simple with a cake for Joshua's first birthday!
It turned out as well as I could have expected for my first real cake!  My next project was a wedding cake... a huge undertaking considering this was my first cake.
This was the second cake I did a wedding cake that I was TOTALLY proud of!  It even tasted pretty good!

And my third cake was a cake for a friend.  Each covered in marshmallow fondant, and each was a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment